Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chamberlain: Humanitarian, Statesman, Nazi-Whisperer






This morning, Charlie and I were having breakfast with a tired, and a bit hungover Bryson, who was telling us about an awkward encounter he had last night...

Bryson:  "...And so, even though I tried to be nice, she got very angry at me because she was drunk.  I couldn't say anything to talk her down.  She was really aggressive.  I kinda felt like Wilt Chamberlain trying to reason with Adolph Hilter."
(Charlie and I smile and look at each other.)

Pua:  "Um...yeah, because Wilt Chamberlain has met Hilter....and we know how well that turned out."
Bryson:  (a bit confused by our reaction)  "Well yeah, Chamberlain was a really great spokesman.  He could reason with people.  I wish I had his ability when it came to talking to this woman."

Charlie:  "Because you wanted to add her to your "List of 20,000?"

(Bryson is now looking at us with obvious concern, frustrated at our flippant reaction to his story.)

Bryson:  "Dude, what are you talking about?"

Charlie:  "Bryson, I think you mean NEVILLE Chamberlain.  Wilt Chamberlain was a basketball player who was, among other things, known as a notorious womanizer."

Bryson:  (laughing)  "Well, crap.  Yeah, yeah...Neville.  That's what I meant.  Whoa man, I really need some sleep."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Poor Bry! I hope he got a nap!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home